Old 25-01-2007, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Looking forward....

On 25/1/07 08:03, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

I've been sorely tempted by this ever since seeing that large plant in
your border adjacent to the car park. Wiegelias have never 'set my
world on fire', but this is so free flowering and such a confection of
pink and cream that it's a must-have in almost any garden. BTW from
what I can remember of 'Versicolor', the pink is a bit more strident
and the density of flower isn't so great. Yours is definitely an
improvement on that.

I do think it needs to be able to stretch its wings to be seen at its best.
It's the combination of the many colours at one time that make it so
luscious to look at. Like you, I've never gone overboard about Weigelas but
this is something very special, IMO.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk