Old 25-01-2007, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default shrub / tree identification

On 25/1/07 12:22, in article , "Nick Gray"
wrote:
snip

I'd go with Hibiscus syriacus, I've just been out and had a look at my
Hibiscus syriacus 'Oiseau bleu', the structure and seed pods looks very
similar to your photos, so I thought I'd take a picture of it:

http://www.ukgardening.co.uk/images/...s_syriacus.jpg
(I held up a white card behind the seed head, else it wouldn't stand out
against the browns of the beech hedge behind it).

Here's a picture of it in full flower, along with leaf detail:
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk/images/...hibiscus12.jpg

Perhaps you didn't see the link to the picture of the leaves of the plant in
question? They're not remotely like a Hibiscus, unfortunately and seem to
resemble a hazel more closely!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk