Old 25-01-2007, 04:39 PM
lowlife lowlife is offline
Registered User

hi me again, well lets work backwards. if we think the leaves belong to a hazel or large shrub such as hibiscus, there is nothing else in the garden like that. it's predominantly a dahlia bed, with a few other shrubs with berries and some lilies. as you can see from the distant photo, there's not much else there. so on that basis i think i have the right leaves. the branches seem to be quite sparse, with other twig branches at quite large intervals along the main branches. at the end, or near the end of each branch there is a group of these flower head / pod things.
there are no flowers along the main branches, only on or near the end of the branches or offshoots. the shrub / tree is a round shape about 5ft high and about the same across.

hope that helps