Old 25-01-2007, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Throw away attitude

Martin wrote:
Most Japanese produced goods in the 1970s were vastly superior in technical
quality to European equivalents and they didn't break.

We must have then been dreaming for 20 years as customers came through
our shop doors returning broken goods not bought in our shops and not
the labels we sell (Radiola, Philips, Brawn etc). I must again be
dreaming that we couldn't help because we simply couldn't source the
spare parts. We must have been dreaming when people just left their
broken crap with us and bought another product in our shop.

You would do better to read consumer tests and forget about using price as a
guide line.

I'm surrounded by blokes who just love reading consumer test stuff.
It's indeed not a passion of mine and I prefer leaving this to them.
Price to me, along with energy efficiency rating is everything. If an
item has been tested and rated and passed as a good product but cost
much more than another model which is perhaps pink with cow design on
it, I'll go for the expensive tested one.

http://www.eufic.org/page/en/faqid/u...eheat-spinach/
"I heard it is unhealthy to reheat spinach. Is this true?

How amazing. But this has never been scientifically proven, nor
medically proven. Test shows this Martin. I have asked you that
question precisely because you are relying upon a web page and a
question from an agony aunt column with an answer carrying perhaps a
lot of big words but which has never been scientifically nor medically
proved.

I will therefore beleive that when I need a new frige, I'll go for the
best energy efficiently rated one, the most expensive one and if I'm
lucky it might even be pink. )