Old 24-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default hardy geraniums - id and germination

The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

This year I'm growing a lot of hardy geraniums from mixed seed. Does anyone
think there is any hope of identifying the young plants, or will I have to
get them all the flowering size first?

If anyone thinks they might be able/willing to spot them, I'll photograph
the seedlings (mostly at the 4-6 leaf stage at present) and stick them up
on the web.

I think if you know what the range is you might guess one or two. Some
types, for example, have more divided leaves than others. Do you know
what types your mixture is made up from?

Janet G