Old 26-01-2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default The battle of the scale (not the diet kind)

Bob Walsh wrote:
Wendy,

You probably don't need to try the Bayer product. Imidacloprid is the
chemical that kills the bugs in both Mavrik and the Bayer Shrub & Brush.
Mavrik is available in a far more concentated product so it costs more but
goes much further.

From what I have read do not rely on it to kill mites. Plants treated with
Imidacloprid may even attract them.

Yes, that's a common side effect. I believe it's even listed in the fact
sheets for some of the products containing the chemical. They suggest
the use of a miticide as an alternating treatment.