Old 25-01-2007, 09:00 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Derek Mark Edding Derek Mark Edding is offline

Default That Termite Question

Hi Folks,

I know this is not a 100% garden question, but the alternative is to
post it in t.gen, where it is likely to spawn either an endless followup
posting contest between bored kids, or a political flame fest (about the
same thing).

Our house has gone too long without a termite inspection and renewal of
its chemical barrier. The last place we hired did a so-so job. We have
had termites before so it's not something I can leave alone.

Has anyone had a good experience with a local pest control place? I
would prefer to avoid terminix and orkin, and go with a reputable local
firm if possible.

I've rummaged through google groups and don't see many recommendations
(here or t.gen). The one I found, Swift Creek Externinating's number is
out of service.

If there's anyone I ought to avoid, I'd appreciate knowing that as well.

Thanks,

-dreq