Old 24-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Hussein M.

Default Cutting a Phormium?

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:24:31 GMT, "David Berry"
wrotc:

So the answer to your question about the best time
of year to cut this back must be the 22/3/03. My wife has the greenest
fingers I know and does these things instinctively - without resorting to
books - so this must be right.

Oh no, I can't. The leaves are so glossy and healthy. Mind you its a
relatively young plant bought about two years ago and, when someone
described 8 ft leaves on theirs, I suppose Strappers are around 4 -
5.

The nearby Crambe will probably do its thing this year and will be
shagged out the year after, especially since one has distinctly turned
into two. Strange that - you would have thought it would have flowered
before that.

So - I think Strapper's safe for now.

Huss

Grow a little garden