Old 25-01-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Throw away attitude

On 25/1/07 23:07, in article , "Alan"
wrote:

In message , Tim C.
wrote
Following up to Sacha :

Actually, all you have to do is say "I don't want the bag, thank you" and
take the receipt which is proof of purchase, not the bag.

That's what I said, but it seems this isn't an acceptable request by UK
shopkeepers. I've been told, so now I know.

Shop elsewhere. In shops such as Aldi and Lidl the bags don't come free.
The majority of customers use their own reusable bags.

Nobody forces you to take a bag! If you don't, they save money, after all.
Take the till receipt and smile nicely. That's it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk