Old 26-01-2007, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Other uses for olive oil

In message , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Thinking of the Frances Mayes books, as I was a while ago, I remember her
writing that her husband took a pudding spoon of olive oil every morning,
presumably for the benefit of his internal clockwork. And I think it was
she who wrote that Italian women used to use it as skin nourishment. Has
anyone here any experience of either? I rather like the idea of a much
cheaper version of Clarins in my kitchen cupboard!

When I was down in London last July I happened upon two Maoris in
Camden Market, who were doing massages. I waited almost the entire
day, until they could fit me in. They were using olive oil as a
massage oil, and after the hour-long massage my skin positively
glowed for weeks....I still haven't managed to get it out of the
clothes I was wearing that day, though!

You never cease to amaze me, Anne. What with the mb and now
Maori massages in Camden market. You make me feel positively staid.
Seriously though, olive oil is great but as you have found, it is oily
Almond oil does much the same thing and costs about the same. I used to
use it for aromatherapy, although I have only ever been an amateur at
that.
--
June Hughes