Old 26-01-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Other uses for olive oil

On 25/1/07 20:28, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 25, 6:28 pm, Sacha wrote:
Thinking of the Frances Mayes books, as I was a while ago, I remember her
writing that her husband took a pudding spoon of olive oil every morning,
presumably for the benefit of his internal clockwork. And I think it was
she who wrote that Italian women used to use it as skin nourishment. Has
anyone here any experience of either? I rather like the idea of a much
cheaper version of Clarins in my kitchen cupboard!
--

Sacha, I have asked my husband to comment here as heart disease and
fatty acids are his subject, I know that he is known, throughout the

Ok, Edward here, Judith's husband. From my research in the late 1980'
early 90's, with regard to your comments on olive oil, I believe this
is accurate .

Omega 3 oils work fom the inside out. Olive oil is not that rich in w3
but is superbly balanced in respect of w3/w6 and therefore should
achieve the objective.

Thank you, Edward! I shall start taking some every day, too, or at least
dunk some bread in a good splodge of it. I can't say I understand the
chemistry but those southern Med people must have been doing something right
and you clearly know all about it. What I don't understand is these new and
apparently sudden, claims that eggs contain Omega 3. All eggs, or only from
hens fed a special diet? I read Judith's 'reference' for you and felt a
strong and instantaneous twinge of guilt as I recalled the bacon sandwich I
had for breakfast!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk