Old 25-03-2003, 12:32 AM
bnd777

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge

Not sure where you get that idea from

"David" wrote in message
In article , bnd777
writes
Sadly theres no basis in law for suing for loss of light, loss of amenity

or
loss of house value

I read this as being a precedent just waiting to be set, I would have
thought loss of house value would have been a fairly simple one to
establish if the Leylandii are the sole reason.

and as I have said Leylandi are used as a weapon by those who wish to

bully
Often this happens when a house is sold and the new owner is unwilling to
maintain the hedge in the responsible manner of the previous one

I gather that most of the disputes are caused by the people who plant
them though rather than new owners
--
David