Old 26-01-2007, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Other uses for olive oil

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:58:37 +0000
Sacha wrote:

On 26/1/07 10:53, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

snip of sea salt, oil and rosemary - nothing
new under the sun, obviously!

Sacha, olive oil soap is very nice for the skin, also. Here is one we've used
for many years:

http://www.coop-du-nyonsais.fr/boutique/autres.php

Many thanks for that. You can't imagine how timely it is just now. A
friend of ours, who lives in France, came to stay bringing me three bars of
the olive oil soap that she knows I love. I'm halfway through the last one!

The proverbial soap crisis; we know it well. Glad to help!

Was looking around the site for some mention of shipping conditions, I guess
I'll have to call. Bag-in-box for oil is a very clever thing, but heavy.

Oil from this coop is some of the best in France, very mild flavoured. Rather
dear, though. I see there's a shower gel there as well.

Lavender soap is also nice and has the added property that it repels nits;
whenever
there's an outbreak at school we also apply lavender oil to the children
(which the
girl thinks nice but the boy objects to.)

-E

Shame they're not at the age when boys think it's nice to wear something
girls find attractive. ;-) I can't say nits are a problem with us
personally but now we're in the grandparent stakes, one never knows!

They'll be there all too soon. Which will bring it's own set of problems,
no doubt more troublesome than nits...

Meanwhile, happy grandparenting!

-E

--