Old 26-01-2007, 03:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Anyone know JD Lawn Tractors?

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 25, 10:58 am, wrote:
On 21 Jan '07, "Dean" wrote:

Oops S Barker replied on a different group..Which group? (I don't see
any crossposts in this thread)

I bought a JD 190C last year, strictly for mowing, but this subject
has gotten me thinking I may be able to use it for more. We don't have
snow here (MS Coast) but I do have dirt I need to spread/push/level
over newly filled stump holes. And maybe a few other light "pushing"
jobs. I haven't seen the push blades at Lowe's though, and the JD
dealer here doesn't stock the lawn tractor sort of stuff.
I wonder, would any rental stores rent the blade attachment? (I'd like
to try it before I buy it).

Rick

Other group was Googles' alt.home.repair,,My mistake,,is'nt the
first but if it's the last that means I just died..NP..
I used the 12 horse craftsman to move a canoe trailer converted from a
pop-up camper with 3 or 4 canoes on it no prob..I used the 10 horse
Murray rider to drag RR ties accross gravel and grass,,double wrapped
with log chain that dug in a bit,,once the ties were moving the Murray
got em there and lined-up for stacking,,hooked low on the rider(ball
hitch)and the front end never left the ground even tho it's a rear
engine..Even a Rider can make projects easier if Ya do'nt expect too
much at one time..So far I've bought used ones tho and was'nt risking
much when I worked em for other purposes..I have'nt damaged any drives
yet but sure played hell on two old engines.
Heck,,I once tried to pull a loaded concrete front offloader truck
from 3' of sand,,I was on hardpack gravel wheel-hopping like crazy in
My 86 High Sierra 4x4 4cyl !! Never budged it but it was a hoot tryin!!
that same little truck pulled a dead Ford grain truck with a dead
tractor chained to the back up a slight grade on pavement in a light
rain!!
Dean

Hey - you're my kind of operator. I use old (1970) Sears Suburbans (garden
tractors) and 1950's Farmall Cubs and Massey Harris Ponies.
I'll re-emphasize your tip - "if Ya do'nt expect too much at one time."