Old 25-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Allegra

Default Unknown Bulb: Do You Recognize This Flower?

"paghat" wrote in message
news
I planted a few Lachenalia aloides var quadricolor last autumn, but one of
the bulbs grew this instead:

http://www.paghat.com/images/unknownbulb_march.jpg

By the coloration it reminds me of L. "Pallida Blue" or blue pale
Lachenalia.
I may be wrong but here you have a description of it:

"Lachenalia "Pallida Blue" is probably a hybrid of L. splendida and may also
be known in the gardening community in New Zealand here as L. 'Te Puke
Blue', which is a seedline with a good and increasing reputation. The leaves
are shiny with parallel veins and are either smooth or pustulate."

Allegra