Old 26-01-2007, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default Other uses for olive oil

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:38:27 -0000
"Mike Lyle" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 26, 10:58 am, Sacha wrote:
. A
friend of ours, who lives in France, came to stay bringing me three

bars of
the olive oil soap that she knows I love. I'm halfway through the

last one!
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

As I owe you a favour for a shrub, I have 2 x Savon de Marseille of

300
grammes each, which is 72% huile d'olive, I will send them to you on
Monday.

JudithL at home

p.s. I am off to France on 7th February for a few days, does anyone
want me to bring any back? If so email me and if you live locally,
i.e. Norfolk, I will deliver it free.

I see it's available from
http://www.moosie.co.uk/soaps/savdemars.asp

Damned expensive way to wash one's face, if you ask me, but you didn't.
While doing the brief Ggl, I was shocked but not surprised (if that's
not an oxymoron) to see that the Body Shop sells something it calls
"olive soap" which is actually just ordinary palm oil soap with a trace
of olive oil: another reason, apart from the nauseating smell, to avoid
the Body Shop.

The Nyons soap has a very high percentage of olive oil, can't remember what
it is at the mo. Not meaning to cast aspersions on Judith's very nice offer, but
the products are not the same! In any case, the savon de Marseille will certainly
keep you going for a while.

cheers,

-E

--