Old 27-01-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Throw away attitude

On 27/1/07 01:09, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

snip
That must be true, about the gloves and the stairs, 'cos my granny
told me the same thing...never heard about catching polio in
Woolies, though!

Perhaps the gloves and stairs are a northern thing because my grandmother
was a Geordie. But I think the polio thing is one of her own and was set
off by a polio epidemic when I was a child. I don't remember the year but
the general view seemed to be that you shouldn't go into crowded, small
spaces and 'catch germs'!
snip
--
Sacha