Old 25-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Come On In!

Default Can I Use Leftover Lawn Fertilizer from Last Year?

"Warren" wrote in message news:HtGfa.202736$F1.10448@sccrnsc04...
Jeffy3 wrote:
I use the 4 step program from Scotts and my lawns are not big enough
to use the whole bag, so I have all 4 bags left over from last summer.
They've been in my shed. Can I use them this spring and summer?

That defeats the whole purpose of the program. The program is designed
to keep you buying Scotts products, and if you're actually going to use
the left-overs instead of buying new, you're defeating the whole purpose
of the program.

I know you probably thought that the purpose of the program was to help
you have a great lawn, but that's just marketing talk. I would suggest
doing a little research on lawn care using websites that have an agenda
other than selling their products.

But if you really want to raise a chemically dependant lawn that will
progressively need more and more chemicals until it's beyond saving, if
you've kept the bags in a dry place, they'll be as effective as they
were last year.

But seriously.... You'll do yourself a big favor if you avoid their
"program". I'm not saying you'll never want to use a product they sell.
I'm just saying that their agenda is to sell you stuff. Your agenda is
probably to have a good looking, healthy lawn, and you'll save yourself
a lot of time and money by not following their program. (And by avoiding
their "program" you'll also dump less pollutants into the streams in
your area, and you won't have to worry about your lawn needing to be
off-limits to kids because of constant chemical applications.)

--
Warren H.

Warren, all your points are well-taken but I am an average Schmoe who
has little or no time to fuss over my lawn but I don't want to be
totally negligent either so I follow the 4-step program. Thanks for
your help though.