Old 28-01-2007, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Worm Composting

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
news
"William Wagner" wrote in message

rnews.net...
In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:21:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

As far as the real worms, keep them cool. The warmest spot in the
refrigerator is good, or the coolest spot in your basement. I
prefer the
refrigerator, though, since that usually means the top shelf,
toward the
front. Every time he opens the fridge...hello worms.

Don't put the worms in the fridge! The colder it gets, the slower
they work. In the winter, I cut back on the volume of food I feed
them. They like it dark and warm. No light. In fact, think of
where you find worms in nature - under leaves etc. I cover my
worms with a layer (6 sheets) of damp newspaper laid flat. When I
can get shredded newsprint I use that.

Yeah....I realized I should not have posted that. Refrigeration is
for worms
used for fishing, and it works. But they do get lethargic. I hereby
retract
my statement.

You must be punished! 99% gold and 1 % dross for all your posts.

Bill who is more like 10% gold and 90% dross and half of my gold is
silver. But me and my dad used to go out to the the local school
yard after a heavy rain and drive in two copper rods about ten feet
apart and hook them to a car battery. Drove the night crawlers
up.

I think that violates the Geneva Convention. :-)

I think you mean the Wormeva Convention.