Old 28-01-2007, 08:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default Worm Composting

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:54:08 -0500, William Wagner wrote:

Bill who is more like 10% gold and 90% dross and half of my gold is
silver. But me and my dad used to go out to the the local school yard
after a heavy rain and drive in two copper rods about ten feet apart and
hook them to a car battery. Drove the night crawlers up.

30 years ago I knew a girl that did something similar only the ones she
used were shorter and plugged into a wall socket. 110 Volts. They had
bicycle grips as handles and you just pushed them into the damp ground. It
was actually kind of cool to put your hand on the ground in between the
spikes. You got a tickle. Not sure I'd want to try that today but I was
young...........

Ever try licking a 9-volt battery across both terminals?

It wasn't especially traumatic, or anything, but I only did it
once.

But, oddly, I think there were about four times of putting a
device plug halfway into a wall socket, and then touching my
finger accosts both of the still-exposed metal contacts. A kind
of vibrating sensation.

But I turned out to be a rather safety oriented adult. Really.

--
Want Freebies?
http://www.TheFreeStuffList.com/