Old 28-01-2007, 09:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
meeee meeee is offline

Default FYI- water crisis stroy link:

"gardenlen" wrote in message
yes kylie,

we came from rural of recent times where we supplied our own water,
that by the way would be a great training ground for many city folk
when yo ahve to wuply and mange your own water. and we had a waterless
composting toilet and i still say if we humans were 1/2 as smart as
what we are intellignet we would be wanting one of them in each home,
the water savings would be mind boggling.

yes this new yuppy affluenza idea that odour is some how unbdesirable
and must be eliminated, or that odour means unhealthy? you only have
to watch the manipulation occuring on tv commercials, they promte that
everything has to be surgically clean but this is leading to humans
getting sicker more often as the bodies immune systems have no
defences built up and defences can't come from a pill bottle.

to me here we are all running out of water to drink (the gov's story)
yet the majority of the poulation thumbs their noses at conservation
and uses 3 litres of drinking water to flush what? 1/2 a litre of
waste water from the human body.

back in the 40's to 60's before this madness of centralising human
solid waste disposal, sewerage!! came along we had thunder boxes, yes
they got a bit whiffy did anyone suffer from a pandemic? not to my
knowledge.

and the grease trap from the bathroom and kitchen waters drained into
our back yards where we played, grew beautiful lady finger bananas,
again hospital wards weren't crowded with the sick and dying of some
disease because of all this.

the affluenza of our society is driving us backward, closing our eyes
and narrowing our minds vision.

i saw a tv commercial the othe day that bought it all home we
developed nations are donating funds that help 3rd world countries get
access to clean water supply ie.,. bores, dams, well, yet here we are
prepared to waste good water so we can drink it as recycled poo water.

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:37:00 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

You have my wholehearted agreement on this one len! Especially about our
sterile society....I refused to sterilize every item my children touched
from birth...they ate dirt, grass, dog food, and on one occasion a very
unlucky house spider (that wasn't planned but DS1 seemed to enjoy it) and
they haven't died yet. I did suffer being picked on by my MIL and SIL for
not washing my baby twice a day....we just didnt have the water; a stinky
post-nappy bum didn't kill him, and he's perfectly fine now....not sure
where people got the idea that we can completely eradicate bacteria and
microbes by obsessive disinfecting of everyone and everything, and that this
was a good thing....