Old 28-01-2007, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Veg patch. Will a laurel hedge be ok?

In article ,
tina writes:

| Will a laurel hedge be ok as a bordrfor my veg patch?
|
| I cant find it now, but remember omeone telling me the leaves are
| poisonous.
|
| If this is right will it be safe for the veg?

Provided that none of your vegetables get out of their beds and start
munching on the hedge, yes. I can't promise anything if they do that!

More seriously, it isn't ideal, as it casts a VERY heavy shadow and
is a very greedy plant, so there will be afairly wide zone near it
where nothing else will grow well. I would plant something else;
how wide and high do you want the hedge, and it is on the south side?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.