Old 28-01-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Veg patch. Will a laurel hedge be ok?

On 28 Jan 2007 11:27:10 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

More seriously, it isn't ideal, as it casts a VERY heavy shadow and
is a very greedy plant, so there will be afairly wide zone near it
where nothing else will grow well. I would plant something else;
how wide and high do you want the hedge, and it is on the south side?

Nick, Its a north (think its NNE to be exact), e want it to be about
4ft or 5ft high as its the boundry to the street so would like a bit
of privacy.

The laurel hedge was 6ft on average, but I have clipped it down to 5ft
just to even it up a it was 7ft sloping own to 5ft.

There are 14 in total, but if it nds replacing then I'd probably
think of it.....