Old 28-01-2007, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Veg patch. Will a laurel hedge be ok?

On Jan 28, 11:17 am, tina wrote:
Hi.

Will a laurel hedge be ok as a bordrfor my veg patch?

I cant find it now, but remember omeone telling me the leaves are
poisonous.

If this is right will it be safe for the veg?

Tina, on one side of our back garden, the veggie garden, there is a
five foot laurel hedge. I have just asked the veggie gardener aka my
husband and he says provided the height does not get out of hand by
casting shadows, there is nothing prohibitive in a laurel hedge being
next to a veggie garden. The vegetables growing near the hedge do not
seem to suffer from deprivation of anything.

JudithL