Old 28-01-2007, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Veg patch. Will a laurel hedge be ok?

tina writes
Hi.

Will a laurel hedge be ok as a bordrfor my veg patch?

I cant find it now, but remember omeone telling me the leaves are
poisonous.

If this is right will it be safe for the veg?

Be aware that the leaves of potatoes are also poisonous ;-)

In other words, the fact that parts or all of a plant is poisonous to
humans is not a reason for not growing it near you vegetable patch
(always assuming you can distinguish between your vegetables and the
poisonous plants - ISTR there have been several cases of people
poisoning themselves by eating daffodil bulbs in mistake for onions)
--
Kay