Old 28-01-2007, 06:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default Preventing weeds

"Brian" wrote in message
I've resisted the mulching option in certain years but truthfully
(IMHO) it is the only way to eliminate weeds. Plus - it has the bonus
of improving water retention.

You must not have the super powered weeds that germinate in mulch.
My weeds LAUGH at your mulch.

I have weedcloth, mulch, pre emergent controls, post emergent controls, and
still pull weeds by hand for at least 6-8 hours a week year round. They will
never go away as long as seeds blow and birds poop, and I don't see either
of those stopping anytime soon.

You just have to teach yourself to see weeding as an enjoyable activity...
Zen weeding.
I highly recommend it.

--
Toni