Old 28-01-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
simy1 simy1 is offline

Default Preventing weeds

On Jan 28, 1:57 pm, "Cearbhaill" wrote:

I have weedcloth, mulch, pre emergent controls, post emergent controls, and
still pull weeds by hand for at least 6-8 hours a week year round. They will
never go away as long as seeds blow and birds poop, and I don't see either
of those stopping anytime soon.

You just have to teach yourself to see weeding as an enjoyable activity...
Zen weeding.
I highly recommend it.

I wonder which weeds germinate in wood chips. Here in MI nothing grows
in them for at least one year, and then only sheep sorrel (a weed
adapted to extreme acidity) ventures in them for another year or so.