Old 28-01-2007, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Hey nonny-no!

On 28/1/07 17:40, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Daffodils are open on the village green! This is much earlier than usual so
I hope the poor things don't get blasted with cold.

Well they've been opening on Paignton Green over the past 4 weeks and
were blasted by icy winds off the sea for several days last week
without ill effect. There's quite an exposed hill just outside
Paignton that I drive up on my my to the office most days. Many of
the front gardens have clumps of 'Yellow Cheerfulness' and they took a
severe hammering, but look fine. I think the Landscove 'dillys' will
be just fine.

Hope so! The ones in our garden are all at varying stages but we have many
different types. The only ones I can be sure I know are Golden Ducat, Tete
a Tete and King Alfred but none of these are even thinking about opening
yet!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk