Old 28-01-2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] b13171@hotmail.com is offline

Default Grass in rose bushes

On Jan 28, 9:27 am, " wrote:
My "Nearly Wild" rose bushes are filled with grass growing
in between the stems.A lot of grass---
Admittedly, I should have attacked it last season, and didn't
Last week I tried digging it out and did not have much
success. It looks terrible. I read the label on the Ortho grass
killer and it states don't spray near plants, etc. so I assume
I can't use the Ortho. Is there anything I can put on the grass?
Or, other methods? Thanks Liz Zone 7

Sorry, I should have mentioned that when I tried pulling and digging
we had recently had lots of rain. Still won't come out and almost
impossible to get my hands in among the stems without tearing gloves.
Might mention to anyone else, that we live in Atlanta area where
ground even when very moist is still like clay. Thanks Liz