Old 28-01-2007, 10:10 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
William Rose William Rose is offline

Default Fruit pickers?

In article ,
LurfysMa wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:36:32 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:04:21 +1300, "George.com"
wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Hold a ladder while your spouse or child does the picking!

Dick

better still pay the lad down the road a pittance to do it for you.

I don't want to pick the while tree -- just 6-8 at a time. I picked
the whole tree one year and I couldn't eat them fast enough. Most went
bad. They stay on the tree nicely for at least a month, probably
closer to two. I don't want top haul the ladder out every 2-3 days.
The wire basket picker works more or less. I was hoping to get some
idea if the grabber variety or something else worked better.

when i season I am up our plum tree every second day. I am dumb enough to
clamber along branchs with plastic bag in hand.

Maybe 30 years and 30 pounds ago...

--

Good attitude.

I don't know how old you are but old men have no business up ladders or
trees. We just don't bounce like we used to. Don't let anybody sweet
talk to into the arms of potential energy. It can get real ugly, real
fast. Pick 'em from the ground or leave 'em.
- Bill

Coloribus gustibus non disputatum