Old 25-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Trish K.

Default RG: Search for Latin (botanical) Names for certain roses

Latin names are funny, if I point at a small spring bulb and recite
it's name for a curious friend, "Reticulated Iris", I sound very
smart, even pretentious, and get named posseser of a green thumb.
These benefactors of gardening awards fear latin names, but if I point
at a large leafed perrenial and ask, "what is that?", they respond
with the latin, "Hosta", not the common name, Plaintain Lily. Calling
something Hosta is certainly easier all around.No one will ever forget
either. Call the roses that:

"Those are hosta roses."

TK