Old 29-01-2007, 01:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
GOW GOW is offline

Default Grass in rose bushes

Hi,

Here in Aus we can buy at least a couple of weedkillers that kill grass only
so they can be sprayed around most garden plants without harming them. One
is called Fusilade and the other is Sertain, both are fairly expensive but
well worth the price.
I have been using Fusilade for years to kill couch and other weed grasses
withut ever harming a wanted plant. Google is your friend.

Cheers
Col

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
My "Nearly Wild" rose bushes are filled with grass growing
in between the stems.A lot of grass---
Admittedly, I should have attacked it last season, and didn't
Last week I tried digging it out and did not have much
success. It looks terrible. I read the label on the Ortho grass
killer and it states don't spray near plants, etc. so I assume
I can't use the Ortho. Is there anything I can put on the grass?
Or, other methods? Thanks Liz Zone 7

Water deeply or wait for a serious rain. Wait a day. Pull grass by hand.