Old 29-01-2007, 11:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default chookie wrote - was: FYI- water crisis story link:

In article ,
"Jen" wrote:

But summer is generally 'very' hot, with the occasional snow, flooding and
many very cold days. And winter is generally 'very' cold with snow etc, but
occasionally has warm days.

You might be surprised -- the average summer temp in Sydney is only about 26
C; probably a bit hotter where I am. That's not "very" hot, though we do of
course have heatwaves. And unless you are in Antarctica, your winters are NOT
very cold. I'd be surprised if you got -10 C very often.

Contrast Moscow, where it can get to 40 C in summer and -40 C in winter!

I can understand building houses to suit hot
climates, or very cold climates, but Australia has both. What about central
Australia, they have super hot days, but super cold nights.

You design for where you live, not for a mythical average across our enormous
country!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue