Old 29-01-2007, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim C. Tim C. is offline

Default Throw away attitude

Following up to "'Mike'" :

"Tim C." wrote in message
.. .
Following up to Sacha :

Nobody forces you to take a bag! If you don't, they save money, after
all.
Take the till receipt and smile nicely. That's it.

Not according to 'Mike' who seems to think that forcing you to take a bag
is the norm.
--
Tim C.

Please repost where I have said it's 'the norm'

Your post of 25.01.2007 at 11:45 or thereabouts:

Don't you think I have tried? Only to be told by the shop assistant, "We
have to do that and we have to put the receipt inside the bag to prove you
have purchased it and you have not shop lifted it"

I've done it often in the UK, no problem whatsoever.

So have I, but it is not the norm. The norm is as I have stated.

--
Tim C.