Old 29-01-2007, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Throw away attitude

"Tim C." wrote in message
Following up to "'Mike'" :

"Tim C." wrote in message
. ..
Following up to Sacha :

Nobody forces you to take a bag! If you don't, they save money, after
all.
Take the till receipt and smile nicely. That's it.

Not according to 'Mike' who seems to think that forcing you to take a
bag
is the norm.
--
Tim C.

Please repost where I have said it's 'the norm'

Your post of 25.01.2007 at 11:45 or thereabouts:

Don't you think I have tried? Only to be told by the shop assistant, "We
have to do that and we have to put the receipt inside the bag to prove
you
have purchased it and you have not shop lifted it"

I've done it often in the UK, no problem whatsoever.

So have I, but it is not the norm. The norm is as I have stated.

--
Tim C.

Thank you. I knew I had posted it somewhere and couldn't find it.

I have found this to be the case in many 'small corner shops' which try to
support and also many large combines such as Woolworths where shoplifting
must be a big problem.

Yes I have had my request not to put things in a bag because of the waste,
but I feel that your paranoia over such a small thing as a paper bag shows
you have a bit of a problem with life :-(((

As an afterthought, do you really believe that such a small item as a paper
bag and use thereof will 'save the world'???????

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk