Old 29-01-2007, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Seed compost

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , K
writes

I use New Horizon (have done for several years). It's finer texture
nowadays than, say, 8 years back, nice and clean to use, and seems fine
for seeds and small plants (I start adding garden compost for larger
plants)

They said new horizon was good but they couldn't use it for small seeds.

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

It is good and we use it but not everything likes it and you have to
supplementary feed for some plants or even mix in different compost on
occasions.
I always use a soil based seed compost, personal preference no real reason!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk