Old 29-01-2007, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] dazzhiggins@hotmail.com is offline

Default dahlia cuttings and tubers

On Jan 28, 4:35 pm, lowlife wrote:
hi thanks for that. ok as some of the decorative dahlias only had a few
tubers, maybe i could pot these up for cuttings now in the hope of
having some more plants. if i'm to take cuttings from them, should i
leave one shoot for the plant to grow into?

I was about to guess and make up an answer but then I decided to cheat
and google an answer but there was so much information, I gave in. If
you google dahlia and cuttings you get a wall of details.

e.g.
http://www.scdahlias.org/howto/cuttings.html
http://www.jrg-dahlias.co.uk/new_page_3.htm
both look like they give all the details and they are just the first 2

well assuming i want to take a cutting and plant the tuber, how long
does it take to grow a shoot for cutting, so that i know when to take
them out of winter storage?

any tips for fending off earwigs? thanks

No :-)

--
lowlife