Old 29-01-2007, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
told2b told2b is offline

Default Nightshade family?

On Jan 29, 10:24?am, wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me what this plant is?

http://i10.tinypic.com/2qwew5s.jpght...om/47ipkjo.jpg

It was growing wild in southern Tanzania, and I brought some of the
seeds home. The closest thing I've found while browsing the internet
has been Solanum marginatum, White-margined Nightshade. I've had this
plant 3 and a half years without knowing exactly what it is, so I
appreciate any help. It's only ever flowered once in this time.
Thanks
Graeme

Nice pictures. It sure looks like a solanum flower. Sorry, I don't
know which one.
Try looking at triquetrum, carolinense, eleagnifolium, angustum
and torvum (all solanums).
Perhaps a trip to the library to fins out which solanum varietie sgrow
in Tanzania?