Old 18-02-2003, 02:27 PM
jcart003

Default cup and saucer plant (cobaea scandens)

Because there is always a bit of superstion in the world of growing
things! I have grown thousands of Cobea and never paid a bit of
attention to how the seed was planted, in fact it was usually on its
side! I also had great germination, better than my competitors (other
greenhouses), who probably planted the seeds on end! Have you ever
grown it before? If not it is a great vine, grows like mad and stays
green until november here in zone 6.

al wrote in message ...
This probably sounds like a daft question, but why does my seed packet advise
sowing the seed vertically ? I can't tell head nor tail.