Old 29-01-2007, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Looking forward....

On 29/1/07 22:59, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Oh dear, now you've added more things to my list of desirables. We've just
received a couple of wonderful plants called Edgeworthia chrysantha, which I
think are going to be real beauties, scented and late winter flowering,
hardy down to -5C.

A friend has that. It was a chance buy in a local garden centre of all
places! About forty pounds! However she has got it through the last four
winters but does cover it with fleece most of the winter. It hasn't
actually grown very quickly so it was a good job it was fairly large to
begin with!

No, it's not exactly a give-away price wise. We have to decide on a
position for ours that will be pretty sheltered, though -5C is low for us
and not usually for long. I hope!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk