Old 30-01-2007, 02:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WaltA WaltA is offline

Default Seed compost

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:56:37 +0000, Janet & I wrote:
I displayed my sample to my supplier who was surprised and gave full
refund, prior to that it had been OK, perhaps J.AB just had a bad
mishap.
I've not used it since, You may want to check it out yourself first
before ordering in quantity !!

Good tip WaltA thanks, I'll do that.

There is another possibility
DIY, as I have been doing these past few years !
The John Innes formulations for seed and potting composts have long
been in the public domain.
(mine is in a a book, but give me a mo. I'll find it on the web
somewhere I'm sure !! )

Hmmm, you want 12 bags though ,, not sure about that, have you got
some energetic helpers ? and a steam sterilizer ?
(I use a spare microwave for my modest requirements these days, even
so, - small lots frequently - soon gets a lot done ! )