Old 30-01-2007, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Justin Thyme Justin Thyme is offline

Default peach in greenhouse

Four years ago I planted a peregrine peach in my 20ft greenhouse. Despite
its luxurious growth I have never had more than a couple of peaches each
summer. There is plenty of blossom but little fruit sets. I believe that the
variety is self fertile. The main stem is now about 65 mm diameter and
despite rigorous but appropriate pruning, it is just getting too big. I am
wondering whether to try to move it to a position outside or to continue to
try to control it by pruning. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Incidentally, a vine in the same greenhouse is vigorous too and fruits very
well. Perhaps it is just too warm.