Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Minteeleaf

Default veggie garden question

Kathy wrote:

We have a very small area to plant a few vegetables in. I'd like to grow
Kentucky Green Beans, zucchini, radishes, and a tomato plant. The area is
about 4'x 10'. Can I plant the pole beans in the back, zucchini in front and
radishes amount them all? My other option would be to put the tomatoes in a
pot possibly. What does everyone think? Would be happy for any suggestions.

Kathy

You can grow the zucchini & tomatoes in big pots.
I am growing my 12 tomato plants, 2 zucchini, potatoes, cukes,
in a combination of huge pots--& I do mean huge--these are
the size pots (tubs) to grow trees in. They have the heavy
nylon rope handles & I put castors on the bottom so they can
easily be moved if need be. Tomatoes need at
least a 5 gallon bucket, bigger is better. Drill drainage
holes in the bottom. I am also growing cukes in a heavy plastic storage
container, spinach & lettuces in window boxes, & herbs & flowers also.
I'm using window screening to line the container bottoms to
facilitate drainage.

Minteeleaf