Old 30-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Maryc Maryc is offline
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenlen
g'day maryc,

lay down thick newspaper first up then start building up the bed, come
visit us and see hoe we do it, never had weeds come back and take
over.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:19:13 +0000, Maryc
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/
When we started the garden we did put down newspaper and cardboard boxes. But this grass that we have is very determined it will put out growth up to something like 3 feet to find a foot hold. It came in from outside the garden and not from under the newspaper. Also we had put some grass clippings as one of the layers and It grew from that too. What a mess. The stuff is trying to grow all throughout my compost pile too. Mean old grass.

Mary