Old 30-01-2007, 09:00 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] rainman@mailinator.com is offline

Default Frogs

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:58:57 +0900, "odonata28 \(Linda\)" wrote:

A friend of mine let their pool go and consequently frogs came and laid
their eggs...There must have been 500 tadpoles! Rather than them dying by
chlorine I took the lot home in buckets.
I have fed the tadpoles goldfish flakes (which they seemed to love).
Well now 99% of them are frogs, but they've all buggered off!
I was going to ring CALM to see if I could release them at a nearby lake. I
just don't know what I've done wrong ...my babies have left home.
I'm worried about them, they were my responsibility. I realise this isn't a
garden question but if anyone has any experience with frogs please let me
know.

Contrary to popular belief, frogs only seek water in which to breed. The rest of the time they are land dwelling creatures. Let
them do their own thing.