Old 25-03-2003, 06:20 AM
Thalocean2

Default Potentillia

You can do some pretty serious wacking in the fall after the blooming is done.
They are hardy and the trim will encourage new growth and might even make it
thicker next spring.

Good luck,
Laura B.

I have a yellow Potentilia Fruiticosa that is, maybe, 7 years old. It's
getting rather large (which is OK for me if it's OK for the bush) but took
*forever* to green up last season. Once it came alive it still bloomed well
and long... just not quite as well and long as before.

I've seen where some people trim these with hedge sheers. Is this a good
idea... and is it OK to do that now as opposed to during or after the
season? How aggressively should I rip into it, ideally?

thanks

ralph