Old 31-01-2007, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Meyer's lemon recipe

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:05:22 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 30/1/07 12:18, in article ,
"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:58:53 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Our lemon tree is covered with fruit and knowing that others have this
plant, I thought I'd post this recipe

I am more interested in how you grow the lemon tree. Mine looks quite
healthy but never flowers.

Steve, another comeback on this one - I mentioned it to Ray this morning
over the toast and he asked if you'd grown it from a pip. I said I had no
idea. Apparently, lemon and orange trees grown from pips are rather like
e.g. Bramley pip seedlings. They can take many, many years to flower and
fruit and then there is no guarantee that what you get will be anything like
the 'parent' plant. If you didn't grow it from a pip, he agrees that it
probably needs feeding.

It was one from my mum. She grew a few from pips. The one she kept
does flower and fruit but it is much smaller than the one she gave to
me. I'm using Growmore but not too often. Maybe I should feed it on
something else. It is quite a few years old but I can't remember
exactly how many.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

$39.50 until 1st February. That is half the usual price.
http://www.easynn.com