Old 31-01-2007, 07:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Lawn Tractor

"JoeM" wrote:
I need a lawn tractor for 1 acre lot and a quality one at that.

"Eric in North Texas" wrote:
In my highly prejudiced opinion; John Deere.

I agree.

And there is a
considerable quality difference between the dealership Deere and the
ones sold at Lowe's / Home Depot.

There's a considerable price difference as well.
But I don't see it as a "quality" difference. It's more of a "get the
right tool for the job" sort of thing. If you need a workhorse to do
all sorts of light "tractor" chores, look at the dealership models. If
all you need is a lawnmower, the Lowe's/Home Depot Deeres match up
well quality wise with other Lawn "Mowing" Tractors.
At least, I'm pretty happy so far with my 190C.
Rick