Old 31-01-2007, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default What are they - continued

On 30 Jan 2007 08:43:10 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

I've been given a little plant, clover leaf type with danty
little pink flowers, (something which I wouldn't have chosen at all)
which belonged to my husband's grand mother. His aunt gave me a small
pot on which she had glued lots of shells she had found on the shore
(sunderland). I was so numb with laughter, I haved forgotten the name
of the plant, but remember the laugh )) Now I still don't know the
name, and all the shells have dropped off the pot.

I have something similar which came originally from my grandfather.
It is oxalis articulata, not invasive, and flowers most of the summer.
It is one of the first things I would take from my garden if I moved.
It's called "articulata" I think because the tubers / corms (?) build
up a jointed-like appearance.

Pam in Bristol