Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jay Jay is offline

Default What odd, interesting things have you dug up while gardening?

Ann wrote:
Jay expounded:

I moved Windy's remains and planted her under a brand new Pieris
Japonica. I held my own personal service for her and told her what a
good kitty she'd been and how much I'd missed her. I had a flat out and
very manly cry in the middle of the back yard and buried the cat I got
when I was 11.

Aw, Jay, that's so sad - but so nice to find her and be able to bury
her in a special place. At least you know she didn't get hit or
eaten. Sick cats often go off to die. Thank you for sharing your
story.

Exactly. It wasn't so much sad as it was a HUGE relief. I hated not
knowing what had happened to her - this way I could be sad and move on.
I was most worried that she'd ended up locked in someone's basement
somewhere or something and had starved to death. Hiding out in the
garden is a MUCH better way to have gone, IMO : )

-Jay